Junior Brand Strategist
In a nutshell:
Strategy Sydney is looking for an energetic and driven Junior Brand Strategist to join our studio. As a Strategist at Strategy, you’ll act as a bridge between the business and creative worlds, helping clarify desired outcomes and establishing how strategy and design can help them be achieved.
Why is this role important for Strategy's work?
We count on our strategists to deliver a plan of action that is well researched, and clearly and methodically articulates how desired outcomes can be achieved for our clients.
Strategy’s mission is to help foster fresh thinking in organisations through human-centred and insights-led strategy and design. As part of a dynamic and growing global network, our teams must have a collaborative working style, great communication skills, and the ability to unleash mindfulness and imagination to capture the minds and hearts of our clients and their audiences.
Once here you will:
- Assist in real strategic projects, alongside our creative team. This could include the development of brand strategy, personas, purpose, brand story, principles, tone of voice and messaging.
- Conduct desk research and develop insights (competitive analysis, market positioning, case studies, etc).
- Conduct customer research to inform strategies (interviews, focus groups, surveys, etc).
- Write copy and articulate ideas through written language.
- Put together draft presentations to communicate thinking and keep clients / the project team updated.
- Get exposure to all aspects of Strategy’s process: research, inspiration gathering, workshopping, strategy defining, concept development, etc.
- Receive support and mentoring from our network’s senior strategist talent.
- Get involved in our work / life culture.
What does Strategy offer you?
Strategy is a place where you can create and leave a legacy; for our people, our communities, and the organisations we partner with. We strive to use our strategic thinking and artistry to make a difference in the world and build a better future. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a collective of diverse and talented experts who lead with empathy, curiosity, and imagination. We encourage our team to bring their whole selves to work. We respect the need for work-life balance. We will mentor you into a career in design thinking for the future today.
Relevant experience and mindset:
- Minimum 1-year professional experience in the Creative Industry.
- An eye for detail, and an ability to take action and execute.
- Think divergently, generate ideas quickly and efficiently, and be iterative in your thinking.
- A love of storytelling, design, creativity, innovation, and ideas.
- Passion and pulse for the Australian marketplace and culture.
- Ability to work flexibly and efficiently, both independently and collaboratively.
- A curiosity for how great brands, businesses, and organisations navigate innovation and design.
- A strong commitment for improving people's lives and shaping change.
To apply, submit a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'I Want to Strategise at Strategy SYD’ in the subject header.